Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Making Kaylee's Halloween Costume

Kaylee really likes My Little Pony. She wanted to be a character from My Little Pony named Twilight Sparkle. We looked at all the local stores and searched the internet. We could not find an affordable and appropriate costume. I decided to take on the task of making her costume. I do not have any sewing skills. I had to attempt to create this costume without sewing.

Kaylee preparing the fabric for Twilight's cape. We then used seam tape to create easy seams. 





Together we made Twilight Sparkle's wings out of craft foam pieces that we hot glued together. Then, we put a clothes hanger through the wings so they would stay open and to make it sturdy.


Kaylee is cutting the fabric into strips for Twilight Sparkle's tail.

The tail is all done. I looped the fabric around a piece of velcro. Then, I opened the velcro and put it around her belt loop.



The costume is complete! We also sprayed her hair with the temporary hair color to match Twilight Sparkle. She was SO happy with her costume that she helped to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment